Effective date: 1st September, 2020
This Privacy Notice informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our website and the choices you have associated with that data. In collecting this information, we are acting as a data controller and, by law, we are required to provide you with information about us and how we use your data.
WHO WE ARE
We are the National Communications Authority (NCA). We are located at No.6 Airport city close Marina Mall, Accra, Ghana. Our website address is http://localhost/. You can contact us by post (P.O. Box CT 1568, Cantonments, Accra-Ghana), by e-mail at info@localhost or by telephone on +233 (0)302 771 701/776 621.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
When you use our website (Service) and view the information we make available, we collect and use a number of information to allow the website to function and make your user experience better.
By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy. The terms used in this policy are defined below:
- Service: The http://localhost/ website operated by the NCA.
- Personal Data: It refers to data about a living individual who can be identified by those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data: Data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies: Small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Types of Data Collected
- Personal Data
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but not limited to:
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- E-mail address
2. Usage Data
We may also collect information regarding how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as:
- Computer Internet Protocol address
- Browser type and version
- pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
TRACKING & COOKIES DATA
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device.
Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service. Examples of Cookies we use and their respective purposes are outlined below:
- Session Cookies:We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies:We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
USE OF DATA
The NCA uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
TRANSFER OF DATA
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction. If you are located outside Ghana and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Ghana and process it there.
DISCLOSURE OF DATA
NCA may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of National Communications Authority
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
SECURITY OF DATA
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, prevent any unauthorised or unlawful processing and desist from using your information to make any automated decisions that might affect you, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You may reach out to the Data Protection Commission at https://www.dataprotection.org.gh/ if you feel your privacy rights have been violated.
RETENTION OF DATA
NCA will determine the period for which it needs to keep your personal data taking into consideration the reasons and purposes for which it was collected.
If we have asked for your consent to process your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform maintenance activities or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties will have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. Be assured that these Service Providers will be subjected to compliance with the security measures specified under the Data Protection Act, 2012.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our Service may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us. If you click a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s site.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.