List of Authorised TV Broadcasting Stations in Ghana as at 2nd Qtr. of 2017
As at June 2017, the National Communications Authority (NCA), has given frequency authorisations to 117 Television Broadcasting Stations in Ghana. Below is a breakdown of the types of Authorisations. 21 Analogue Terrestrial Television
- 1 Digital Terrestrial Pay Television (Service only)
- 5 Digital Terrestrial Pay Television (Service and Frequency)
- 23 Digital Terrestrial Free-To-Air Television Programme Channel (Nationwide Coverage)
- 4 Digital Terrestrial Free-To-Air Television Programme Channel (Regional Coverage)
- 7 Satellite Television Broadcasting (Pay TV Direct-To-Home Bouquet)
- 8 Satellite Television Broadcasting (Free-To-Air Direct-To-Home Bouquet)
- 47Satellite Television Broadcasting (Free-To-Air Direct-To-Home Single Channel)
- 1 Digital Cable Television
A total of 51 stations are on air as at the end of 31st June, 2017.
Television (TV) broadcasting service is a broadcasting service consisting of the transmission of visual images or other visible signals, with or without accompanying sounds, where the visual images are such that sequences of them are seen as moving pictures. TV services may be transmitted over cable, terrestrial wireless or satellite platforms.
Please click here to download the list of authorised TV stations as at second quarter 2017.