Request for Comments - Guidelines on M&A
1. The NATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS AUTHORITY (NCA) since its establishment in 1996 by the National Communications Authority Act, 1996, Act 524 (now repealed), has not laid down any set of requirements and procedures for dealing with transfer of licences and frequency authorisations, sale or transfer of significant interest in a network operator or frequency authorisation holder, merger or acquisition of a network operator or frequency authorisation holder. The rules regarding the above-mentioned subjects have not been well spelt out and articulated in a written document.
2. It is the Authority’s objective to have a clear regulatory framework for the industry and investors in order to assist parties concerned to make informed decisions on merger and acquisition activities particularly as they relate to network operators.
3. The National Communications Authority has come out with these Guidelines for dealing with mergers or acquisitions of communication entities.
4. The Guidelines are issued by the National Communications Authority (NCA) in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 3(r) of the National Communications Authority Act, 2008, Act 769.
5. The public consultation begins on 24th October, 2019 and ends on 23rd December, 2019.
6. All responses/comments should be electronically transmitted as e-mail attachments, in Microsoft Word format to email@example.com
7. All respondents are requested to complete a response cover sheet (see Page v). 8. It would be helpful if your response could include comments on the sections of the document you agree/disagree with.
Download Documents below: