List of Authorised TV Broadcasting Stations in Ghana as at Third Quarter of 2017
As at the third quarter of 2017, the total number of TV operators authorised by the National Communications Authority (NCA) to operate in Ghana is 128. Out of the 128 TV stations,
- 21 Analogue Terrestrial Television
- 1 Digital Terrestrial Pay Television (Service only)
- 5 Digital Terrestrial Pay Television (Service and Frequency)
- 23 Digital Terrestrial Free-To-Air Television Programme Channel (Nationwide Coverage)
- 4 Digital Terrestrial Free-To-Air Television Programme Channel (Regional Coverage)
- 8 Satellite Television Broadcasting (Pay TV Direct-To-Home Bouquet)
- 10 Satellite Television Broadcasting (Free-To-Air Direct-To-Home Bouquet)
- 55 Satellite Television Broadcasting (Free-To-Air Direct-To-Home Single Channel)
- 1 Digital Cable Television
A total of 53 stations are on air as at the end of 30th September, 2017.
Television (TV) broadcasting service is a broadcasting service consisting of the transmission of visual images or other visible signals, with or without accompanying sounds, where the visual images are such that sequences of them are seen as moving pictures. TV services may be transmitted over cable, terrestrial wireless or satellite platforms.
Below are the list of TV Stations authorised in the country.